Horizon Health Network, Saint John Region, is actively seeking a permanent full-time neurologist. The Physician will deliver appropriate inpatient and outpatient services in neurology.
The physician will participate in the provincial neurology and telestroke on-call system as well as in the Division of Neurology schedule working inpatient and Emergency Medicine consults.
Department of Medicine physicians are required to be part of the Internal Medicine residency program affiliated with Dalhousie Medical and postgraduate program and to teach in the undergraduate program at Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick. Information regarding faculty appointments is available upon request. Physicians are also encouraged to be part of the research program.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0830hrs – 1630hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Division of Neurology and provincial call group.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
- Provide ambulatory care in a teaching clinic setting.
- Provide inpatient care including rounds on patients.
- Provide consultations to hospital-based patients as requested by attending staff.
- Provide on-call services during statutory holidays, evenings and weekends as part of the on-call
schedule of the provincial service.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a salaried position, remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $227,786 to a maximum of $276,900 annually (locums receive 10% of the base salary in lieu of benefits) based on qualifications and experience. On call remuneration is Fee-For-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick.
For more information on this job please contact Warren Bonnell directly at 709.728.0049 or email email@example.com