JOB DESCRIPTION: Will provide focused patient attention and will also provide leadership and direction to medical personnel alongside other healthcare employees within the Emergency Department. Within this leadership role the physician will also provide care and makes treatment decisions based on current and immediate evaluation of the patients’ history, physical findings and diagnostic studies.
1. Manage the patients under his/her care in the Emergency Department.
2. Will provide medical direction and advice to on shift ED physician staff
3. Will respond to all Code Blues in the Emergency Department.
4. Acts as a triage coordinator in multi-person/disaster cases.
5. Provides clinical guidance, direction and coordination of activites for supportive care within the ED and for follow-up care.
6. Promotes and participates in ongoing education and training of all medical staff in the Trauma Center including the participation in hospital symposia and specialist meetings.
7. Participates in department in-services and attends staff meetings.
8. Performs other professional duties as may be assigned within his/her scope and ability.
Medical Doctor degree or recognized equivalent
Post-Graduate qualification in Emergency Medicine
Active membership in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Emergency Medicine, or The College of Family Physicians of Canada, CCFP(EM) or equivalent
Active Registration to Practice Medicine within specialty from country of origin
Current ACLS certification.
Recent academic and teaching experience and/or research publications
Will be required to obtain ATLS certification within a given time period
A minimum of five (5) years experience in an active treatment hospital within his/her specialty. Management experience within the ED would be an asset. Instructor level BCLS/ACLS is desirable.
Essential skills needed:
Team leader and team player
Able to develop good interpersonal relationships
Excellent communication skills
For more information and to apply for this exciting position contact the lead administrator at email@example.com